Sharp pain behind left breast?

Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it?? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

• That's where your lungs are. I had pain in my chest and it wasn't all that bad. I was in college and was going to go to class. My teenage son was worried about chest pain and called the ambulance. I felt foolish but went to the hospital. I had pulmonary emboli in both lungs. One pulmonary embolus can be fatal in an hour.

I would have died if I had not gone to the hospital. I almost did die. The pill, the patch, and other hormonal birth control puts you at increased risk for pulmonary emboli. I was on the pill.

Be concerned if this is a sudden pain.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Do you drink a lot of caffeine? I drink a lot of coffee, and when I have too much I'll get the pains. Just a suggestion. Feels like someone stabbing me through the back of the breast... weird but true
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Whenever you are concerned with a new symptom, especially when it last for any period of time, I would suggest contacting your physician.

It could be nothing but it could be something serious. 

Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2009