Is a vacuum or an appliance really a gift?

To me yea its nice, but from like a husband or SO...I don't think its the best ya know. Especially if that's all he got.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If I really needed it, I would be happy with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• yeah i agree , i guess it seems more like something you buy to fix up the house... I got a slow cooker for our anniversary. nice thought but it made me feel like a maid.. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Its thought that counts, I'd just be happy I got a new appliance and I didnt have to pay for it with my hair or nails money :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• That a gift for the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• laughingIt's a great gift if it's something you asked for but it's not very personal so if a guy buys it it for his special person he needs to give a small personal item as well. At least a pair of nice gloves so she doesn't get blisters using the vacuum. LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes, if I've been wanting it. :-) When I was pregnant with my son, my husband got me the KitchenAid stand mixer I'd been longing for for months. For a birthday, he got me the specific crockpot I'd had my eye on. He just gave me the coffee grinder I've been dying to have as a Hanukkah gift.
    I love these kinds of gifts because every time I use them, I'm reminded of him.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i'd take one for christmas!! lol we need a vacuum and newer appliances. haha
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 11:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY!!!
    (MY WISHLIST)

Food Processor
    Spot Bot
    Kitchen Aid Industrial Stand Mixer (w/ Pasta maker/Grinder/Icecream Maker attachments)
    Vitamix
    Steam Cleaner (for floors)

anything to make my life easier... i would also LOVE new knives... a new sewing machine, and a few tools replaced...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes. Especially if *I* use it the most and it will save me time so I can do other things. I consider them the gift that keeps on giving. =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Last Christmas my husband bought me all new chef quality stainless steel kitchen appliances. I don't know how him and his brother did it but they replaced the fridge, dishwasher, double ovens, range and built in microwave without waking any of us Christmas Eve night. He also bought me all new stainless smaller appliances. When I got up to get the coffee made on Christmas morning I was so shocked. I think stuff like that is great but I don't like frivilous things only things I can use.
    Anonymous