TTC - Getting pregnant outside of your ovulation period.

I know your actual ovulation time frame is short. And it is good when TTC to track it and take advantage of that time. BUT i've heard so many "yes" and "no's" to if you can concieve outside of that short time frame of ovulation. I've heard of women concieving while on their period or right after, etc and some say you can only concieve mid cicle when ovulation accures. Some also say that we all ovulate at different times, which is true. I just don't know. What's your experience? Thinking?

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 11:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can only get pregnant when you ovulate. Now, that time of ovulation can vary wildly from woman to woman & even from cycle to cycle. You dont actually get pregnant on your period although it may appear you do. The sperm has to meet the egg obviously or no baby. So you indeed must ovulate near the time you have unprotected sex or no baby! Sperm can live anywhere from 3 to 7 days in some cases.
    Anonymous