What do I do about DIL present?

I have no money and just a little credit left on my credit cards. I was lucky and went to a church yard sale Sat and got really great toys for my 15 mo grandson for $1 each.

I also have 3 sons and a DIL. I can figue out things I have or can make for sons.

DIL is difficult to please. Inexpensive ideas?

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 11:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• Anonymous

• You could get her a subscription to her favorite magazine.....Just buy her the current copy, and fill out the order form with the "bill me" option. Then, you can pay for it next month =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• LOL...Two of the same answers at once!
    christyg

• ^^^ Same thought at the time. lol
    Anonymous

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• How about nothing? I don't think there is anything wrong with not exchanging gifts when you are in a financially difficult situation or keeping it all about the kids. A card should suffice, or how about some homemade candy? I have a SUPER easy and inexpensive recipe. I'd rather give someone something I know will go to good use, as in eaten, than spending money I don't have on something I'm not sure they will like or use. Maybe a candle from the dollar store? PM me if you would like the recipe.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• What about a cookie mix or soup mix in a jar? I have several recipes, send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Offer to watch her kids for her when she needs it. Bake her something. Its the thought that counts. I'm sure she knows things are tight for you right now.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009