what would you do if it honestly took you 2 hours to do your hair "good"? I feel like the ugly wife - bc I "don't" spend the time on me.

I usually only do my hair nice if it's a holiday - or for a party or a good reason. I am a SAHM - but that doesn't mean I have 2 hours of patience to spend on hair. I usually just scrunch my hair and put it in a clip. So it's always up. I know it looks better down and straight - everyone says WHY DON'T you ALWAYS do that??!!? The reason I'm asking is bc my MOM told me the other day - I need to work on "me". I dress good, and do my makeup nice - but slack in the hair dept. My hair is long, and THICK, and wavy. basically as bad as it gets! What would you do? If i were to cut it it would be even worse - at least with it long I can put it up - lol. My DH doesn't want me to cut it - but likes it better when I "do" it too. Help!!! p.s I'm 6 months pregnant and it takes toooo much to sit and do my hair for 2 hours! ugh! It would only last 2 days anyways. What would you do? Its rediculous.

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would get an easier to manage hairstyle.
    Anonymous

• My advice is to find a very good stylist. If you get the right cut, you won't have to spend so much time. That will mean spending some decent $$ on it tho. I have an excellent stylist. I pay about $60 for a cut, but like you, i have super thick, coarse hair and it is worth it not to have to mess with my hair. I recently got a body wave and so now I don't even have to brush it! I just scrunch it and go. I recommend it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If it takes more than five minutes I won't do it. I got my hair cut & colored (highlighted with foil) and it took 1.5 hours. I almost went nuts. That was too long for me to sit and get my hair worked on.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Could you scrunch it and leave it down curly? If not, I would do what you are doing - put it up. You can't spend 2 hours a day on your hair, that is crazy!! Maybe you can do a french twist or something a little nicer than a pony tail?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• its simple - i just blow dry - and flat iron it straight. nothing crazy or complicated. its just so THICK it really does take that long to do it. It's just past my shoulders. layers.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't spend hours on my hair and my husband still thinks I'm hot. So why should I go the extra mile when he already thinks I'm hot?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Get it thinned out.
    Anonymous

• You're lucky and you don't know it. You can spend two hours on your hair and look good for two days. For me I'd have to spend two hours a day, every day for my hair to look presentable. Too often it's in a bun or ponytail because of it. I have thick curly frizzy hair which don't respond well to straightening and is a complete pain to brush out. With enough hairspray I can have a natural fro. Gods help if I ever cut it short again.

But if I was you, I get someone to do your hair for you. "Hey Mom...!"
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have insanely frizzy, thick wavy hair.
    I got mine thinned out and cut in layers and it has helped so much.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I can't imagine spending 2 hours on your hair. I spend no time on my hair. I usually don't even comb it.

My hair is very thick and straight. It used to be very long. Now I wear it in a pixie. I can curl it if I want, that takes like 2 min.

Get that hair cut. It's your hair. It probably isn't that big of a deal to your husband if you get it cut. There has to be a cut right for your hair and products that would allow you to spend little or no time. I think wearing your hair pulled back looks awful. Even when my hair was waist length I never pulled it back.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2009