Second grader suspended over drawing of Jesus on the cross..did the teacher overreact?

The boy was suspended and parent told the boy had to get a psychological evaluation before he could return to the school...

I say yes clearly this teacher/the school overracted entirely

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• This type of crap happens more than you know. The teacher needs the psych eval.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I'm flabbergasted! That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. The parents obviously did the right thing to transfer their child out of that school.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hmmm, where is the ACLU? Isn't this a violation of this 8 year old's first amendment rights? What a bunch of idiots.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Wow, really? That teacher needs to be reported for trying to take away the child's first amendment rights! Obviously, though this has got way more publication than it would have if the teacher did nothing which to me is a good thing. The picture is harmless, much less morbid than some of the things kids watch on TV these days. All I can say is where is our country going? I am sure if it was a picture of buddha naked or something the teacher wouldn't have cared at all!
    Ketch24

Answer by Ketch24 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hey tn, totally agree with you, imagine that!

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• yes i agree.

the teacher needs help.

i would not have given my child a psych eval.

i could see if it had been a pic of sanata with a hachet in the eye.. but a cruxification depiction of Jesus.. hello this is the beleif system of chrisitians... Perhaps this person is unaware of it... anyway.. they over reacted for sure.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• That's STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am not shocked, Let's PERSECUTE the Christians who believe in PEACE and forgiveness, but PRAISE and "respect" the People who want to Terrorize our Country, and promote violence and HATRED (does NOT make any sense)!!! This world is going to hell in a handbasket!!! I am sooooooo glad that The one true God wins!!! It's already happening! Praise HIM!
    Mommyof3yippey

Answer by Mommyof3yippey at 1:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Mommyof3, you are scary.
    Anonymous

Obviously, the wrong person has been sent for a psych exam. Seriously, THIS is why people have such negative reactions. If there's anyone like this in that teacher's life, no wonder they were worried.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009