Surprised? 800,000 swine flu vax doses recalled, does not protect..

ATLANTA – Health officials are recalling hundreds of thousands of doses of swine flu vaccine after tests indicated they may not be potent enough to protect against the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notified doctors about the recall Tuesday. The recall involves about 800,000 doses made by Sanofi Pasteur. The doses are pre-filled syringes intended for young children, ages 6 months to almost three years.

Health officials recommend children those ages get two doses, spaced about a month apart.

Health officials say it's not clear how many doses have already been given, but they don't think children need to be re-vaccinated. The lots passed potency tests when they were first shipped, but tests indicate the potency waned after.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I guess it's a good thing that swine flu appears to be on the decline. Considering there has been a shortage of vaccine across the nation, I'm guessing most if not all of those vaccines have already been administered.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Ooh, I'm so surprised (not!).

We got our daughter the regular flu vaccine, but we didn't touch the swine flu one. I knew it was all bullshit.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No, not really surprised at all.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• We got our daughter the regular flu vaccine, but we didn't touch the swine flu one. I knew it was all bullshit.

We don't even get that one, I feel like we need to let thme get sick so their bodies can learn to fight this crap off...and my kids have been pretty healthy

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• There was a crazy mama on here who said it was child abuse if your kid didn't get the h1n1 vaccine. Now it comes out they are not effective. Does that mean the vaccine maker is guilty of child abuse?
    Anonymous

• Nobody knew anything about the effectiveness of this vaccine prior to now, Nobody. If you did you would be working for the laboratory that produced it or the CDC, or a private scientist with your own funding, not bullshitting everyone on a website. Nobody knew anything.
    Anonymous

• Where is Grandm----, who was predicting mass deaths.  An ineffective vaccine, and little children are not dying in droves.  Go figure.

Anonymous

• I am not a bit surprised about this. I did the normal vaxes with my kids, with the vaxes that have been around for decades and have been proven effective. I have never had a flu shot, and neither have any of my kids. And as long as I can think for myself, I won't get one.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No not surprised at all.. You know i agonized with the decision to take this shot or not...being in the high risk group...but.. finally i decided NO im not taking it or risking giving any unnecessary chemicals to my fetus...i am comfortable with the decision.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I'm just glad this it's not something else like a horrible unforseen side effect or something of that nature.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009