if you have long thick hard to manage hair - can you post a pic to show me what you do to make it work for you? i got great answers to my last question and would love to see some of your hair pics! thanks ladies!

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm sure exactly what kind of pics you are asking for, but I can tell you that your LONG, thick, hard to manage hair would be MUCH easier to manage if you make it SHORTER :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If you are like me you do not want to lose length. I usually just straighten my hair with a gold plated iron on high. If your hair is hard to manage due to damage I would suggest going to a salon and getting a reconstruction service done. Another great thing to do with long hair is thin it out or get layers so that it lightens the weight.

I am currently in cosmetology school so if you ever need any other advice let me know. :)
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Photobucket

This is what my hair looks like RIGHT NOW. I showered last night and went to bed with it wet.

Photobucket

This is what is looks like straight with half of it up :) Takes 30 min.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Long and Curly

Photobucket

Short and curly

Photobucket
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• omg, i have like 5x as much hair as these ladies do. ya'll don't know what thick hair is.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's called getting your hair thinned :D Amazing, no? Trust me, I know what thick is. I've never come across someone with thicker hair and every time I get my hair done the person doing it tells me they've never seen someone with as much hair as myself.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• ^^I'll send u a pic privately, I believe I got you beat. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I have thick, waist long hair. I just wash it, use conditioner and then rinse. It brushes out great. No problems here. I never to to bed with wet hair, a no no for me.
    Anonymous

• Well I have long, thick, coarse hair and I"ve had every hairstyle imaginable. I always get it thinned out (not with a razor). Recently I got a body wave (a loose perm)> I was so nervous getting it but it actually turned out really well. It is very wavy after I wash it and settles down afterward. I think it works for people w/our hair texture. Also, I do have a ton ton ton of hair. Every stylist I've ever seen has said this about me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sandra is right. You have to get it thinned out. I do the same thing. My hair is really hard to style if I don't.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 4:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009