trying new juices for my 14 month old. what else is good?

tried apple juice.. orange juice not so much. im sure he is tired of getting apple juice all the time so i wanna see what other juices are safe. oh and if your anti juice please dont post here.

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 12:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• White grape and grape juice are both great. I'm not anti juice, but I hope you're watering it down, 14 month old still needs to be watered down.
    Anonymous

• always watered down half water half juice.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 12:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i like any of the juices from juicy juice.. they have all kinds of flavors
    Anonymous

• Oh glad to hear you're watering it down, juice is super bad for baby's teeth.

My little one loves basically any type of juice besides OJ. Go down the juice aisle at the store and I'm sure you'll find some great choices! Just look at the acidity of the juice, like I wouldn't do pineapple juice at this age, but I'm sure grape, pear, tomatoe, and most other juices are just fine!
    Anonymous

• We waited until 3 to introduce juice, and just as a special treat, like fresh apple cider in the fall.
    Babies need to learn to drink water, and water should be their primary beverage after they turn two.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Your child doesn't NEED juice if you feed him/her a proper diet. Juice is empty calories and the beginning of a bad habit. Juice is barely any better than drinking soda nutrition wise.
    Anonymous

• DD just started having a little carrot juice mixed with apple or pear juice (yes, watered down!) and really likes it.
    Ems629

Answer by Ems629 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Juicy Juice was always a favorite around our house, in any flavor. As long as you're watering it down and not feeding it every day, it's fine.

Answer by missanc at 3:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• OMG........my kids have juice everyday watered down and my oldest is 4 and the youngest is 19months.....NONE of them have had any problems with watered down juice...they like all kinds even orange juice. THEY HAVE NEVER had any cavities from drinking watered down juice either. I do brush their teeth 3x a day. I dont see any harm in kids having juice as long as its not all day long....my boys do drink mainly water, but at breakfast they have juice. I dont see the big deal that some people are making about how terrible juice is.LOL
    Anonymous

• This only time i gave juice to my kids that young was when they were constipated and couldn't poop. But i have nothing against juice as long as it is watered down. I buy Musselman's apple juice and Welch's grape juice
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009