What are my chances of this pregnancy making it full term?

I know I was ridiculously young, but I got pregnant at 15. When I was 17 1/2 wks along my boyfriend came home drunk, insisted it wasn't his, and beat me up. This resulted in a miscarriage, and obviously a D&C. The next two times I got pregnant (almost 18, and five months later) I miscarried around five wks as a result of progesterone deficiency. This last miscarriage was a result of a car accident, not my fault, at 16 wks. I'm now ten wks along with my husband (who was the father the previous two times I've been pregnant, although we were only engaged then) I had an ultrasound and the heartbeat was very high, 192bpm. I'm afraid this is a bad time, and don't want to go through the pain of another miscarriage. What are my chances of carrying to term?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He beat you up to the point you lost a child & you are still with him?!?! Incredible.
    Anonymous

• No!! I stopped seeing him immediately and got a restraining order. The second time was by a different guy. But the last three have been by my now husband.
    Anonymous

• :51, sounds like the boyfriend isn't her current DH.

As for OP, you stressing about it doesn't help anything. Talk to your doctor about anything you can do, precautionary, to help prevent a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• She said her last TWO not THREE pregnancies ...DUH ...Good Luck Hun

Anonymous

• From the date of the last menstrual period, the fetal heart will begin to beat on the 22nd day of development. This means that by the 5th week of pregnancy, the heart is beating. Until week 9, the fetal heart rate will increase 3.3 beats per day. In the early stages, the fetal heart rate is approximately 80-85 beats per minute (bpm). However, by the 9th week your baby's heart beat will be in the range of 155 to 195 beats per minute. Most expectant parents say that the fetal heart rate sounds like the galloping of a horse.

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/F/Fetal-Heart-Rate/ It should be okay

Anonymous

• I had two miscarriages around 8wks due to a progesterone deficiency. They tried to start me on hormone therapy, but it was too late. Very heartbreaking. They say each time you come out of a miscarriage like that your chance of carrying to term goes up. This third time I got pregnant and I'm only a few days farther than you. Just keep praying. The placenta is now starting to make more of the hormones so if you're not symptomatic of a miscarriage by now, then you should be in the clear from a miscarriage resulting from progesterone deficiency. See your OB asap.
    MadreToBe

Answer by MadreToBe at 1:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Oh, thank you :56. I was told that normal BPM was 145-165 so I had been very worried.
    Anonymous

• Your welcome hun Good Luck and Congrats Merry Christmas

Anonymous

• Why don't your doctor put you on vaginal progesterone suppositories? I had my son at 24 weeks gestation (he's 2.5 now) and I had a miscarriage last year so he put me on them and its supposed to help you carry babies. Ask him about it.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Ditto with Nakoal. Progesterone help keep a pregnancy intact. You can take them orally, not just vaginally. Also, once a baby's heartbeat is detected, the chances of a m/c decrease greatly. Congrats.
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 2:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009