Why would anyone lie to a child and say Santa Clause is real??

Except for the fact that it is fun for you why would you lie to your kids that way?

Why make Christmas about gifts when it is a religious holiday?

Why not tell them the truth that YOU bought them gifts because you love them and they are special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm with you. I really HATE the whole santa thing. I think it's pontless & is just a gimmick for people to spend more money. I'll tell ya right now though, kids don't give a rats ass who gave them the present they want most. Once that present is open, who it came from matters not to the child.

I don't understand the "magic" behind santa. What "magic" is everyone talking about? The magic behind a lie? And then some parents say "well if you don't believe, you don't recieve"....so you FORCE your child to believe in santa just so he/she will get something for X-mas? That si retarded & just plain old mean.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Wow you people are getting VERY sad. Worry about your OWN children and let everyone else make their own decisions for their children.
    Anonymous

• WHY do YOU care is it your business I THINK NOT jeez show some Christmas spirit and be nice

Anonymous

• Seriously. They're going to find out the truth later, why not be honest with them in the first place?
    Anonymous

• This mothers' child is the one at school who ruins it for everyone else.
    Anonymous

• im not religious. Christmas is not a religious holiday in my house. It is a magical holiday that promotes family, togetherness and giving. Santa comes to our house and gives us presents.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Because it IS fun, and the kids have FUN with it. And when they grow up, they will have fun doing it with their children. Have you ever hear the term tradition? If you don't want to do it, don't, my god.
    Anonymous

• Christmas is about CHRIST. Not some fake guy who gives toys. What a poor lesson to teach....
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Well sorry to ruin your whole it is a religious holiday but in our house Santa is the reason for the season, we are atheist. Santa is a big tradition that is about someone who is generous enough to give presents to all the children of the world who celebrate Christmas. So we the parents can have fun at what do you mean our kids expense, yes those poor kids how can we do this to them. When I figured out Santa I wasn't upset I knew my parents did it because it is fun and imaginitive and because they love me.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009