vasectomy

i wnat dh to get a vasectomy but he is scaredf? why dont know is not like thay are gonna shop it off anyways ladies help me out any of your hubby's got snip and if so how was the recovery. ask you dh how the felt before during and after the procedure maybe if he reads some of the replies he will get on it fast. am geeting my last depo shot tomorrow and am done after that

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH is totally willing he said his Dad and two uncles both had them done and it was no big deal, and they didn't feel different afterward
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My husband didn't get one, but my dad did, my BIL did, and several husbands of women I worked with. None of them had any problem. They had to abstain for what, a day or two. No big deal. Just realize that there is a 3 month period of healing that sperms can still escape, so now would be the time to get the snippity snip, so when your Depo runs out, he'll be ready to rumble.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Why don't you get a tubel (get fixed).

Answer by louise2 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My dh got one & has no problems.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• One of out good friends went with a couple of buddies. They rented a limo, had three appointments in a row, and spent the afternoon eating junkfood and watching movies at one of their houses (with ice packs).

Answer by rkoloms at 1:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would never get a tubal personally. If you can have the babies, carry them and give birth then feed them off your body... the least your husband can do is get snipped.. When we are done having kids.. it will be my husbands responsibility.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• why do i ahve to get my tubes tide. i been on bc pills and on the depo shot have pushed to kids out of my crotch. is time he does something he doesnt want more kids but isnt willing to do something. like amy said he can at leats put a lil effort into the no baby department.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Louise2- why should she have to get tied? the procedure carries numerous risk factors that simply DO NOT exist with a vasectomy. it is a much simpler procedure, shorter recovery, costs less, carries fewer risks, and is just as effective as a tubal... if you have never heard of PTLS maybe you should check into it before you ever again suggest that to a woman... it is DEVESTATING, I ought to know.

OP- know several men who have had a vasectomy, and none of them filed any complaints. the recovery is just a few days (though it'll be about as long afdter surgery until sex as it is in postpartum recovery). theit junk didn't work any different (probably his main concern), and all was well. tell him to get over it. lol now that the effectiveness of my tubal in in question, my SO has decided to get snipped- we have 5 children between us, and don't want any more!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My husband had it done because I could not get my tubes tied during my last c-section. There was too much scarring for the doctors to see one of the tubes. His vasectomy was over and done with in less than an hour. He was on motrin, vicodin, and wore a jock strap for a month afterwards. He said the worst part was the numbing. After that he did not feel anything except tugging.

Then we find out my SIL was angered that he got a vasectomy. WTF? But, that is a totally different topic.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Why get the tubal? Because you're the one that has the babies! I got my tubes tied because I don't want to have any more, and I am responsible for my own reproduction. The recovery was easy.

But since the question was about a vasectomy, why don't both of you get fixed, then it's not an issue.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009