sign a check?

hubby and me have the same bank account but all the check are on his name ,i still didnt get mine
hubby is at work and i want to write a check for rent can i still sign it?or do i have to wait for him?
thanks ladies

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 1:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• You have to wait for him. Sorry!
    Anonymous

• You have to wait for him. It goes by whose name is on the check. If it is a joint account the checks need to have BOTH people's names on the check. It doesn't matter if you are married or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If your name is on the signature card at the bank, you can sign your name no matter whose name is on the check. The bank will honor it. My mother and I both have our signatures on my grandmother's bank account's signature card although our names are not on the checks.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Plus he would have to press charges against you. Just sign his name.
    Anonymous

• If your signature is on file at the bank, then you can legally sign the check.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I sign for all my SOs stuff...he wouldnt ever take me to court for it..so it hasnt been a problem for us!
    Anonymous

• When I've gotten a checks from my husband and the account is in both our names and he not around to sign for it. This is what I do I just have the check deposited in the checking or savings account. I don't sign it but the bank justs tell me to sign it or not when I explain.

Give the bank a call and they will tell you.
    Anonymous

• Go get new checks printed. If your signiture is on file with the bank, then you are on the account. Just like starter checks that don't have anything printed on them and you have to write it in.
    Anonymous