Do you think its wrong for me to have my kids sharing a birthday?

My older son is going to be 4years old In January 4th and my younger son Is going to be 1 years old on January 23rd but i feel bad because its my younger sons 1st bday and he has to share..

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't do it to my kids, but I know some people who do. The way that I feel about it is that they get one special day a year that is just theirs. I know mostly I feel that way because that is how I was raised, but that is how it will always be with my kids.
    Anonymous

• no, i bet they will think it's pretty cool that they have similar birthdays when they get older. a one year old isn't going to remember anyways..
    Anonymous

• why does he have to share? There's a large enough gap that they both can celebrate their own birthdays. Seriously neither one needs a huge party if money is the issue. Let each celebrate his own day. Not to be a crab here but if their sharing a party thats your doing so feel bad cause your making them share the day not the kids.
    Anonymous

• If you feel bad, do his first birthday separate. I'm sure your family won't mind another round of cake.

Now, my sister's kids share a birthday, but they were actually born on the same day, 7 years apart.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my boys share a bday and don't mind at all. My older sons bday is the 14th and my youngest is the 6th so ya 8 days apart but they don't care so I think it's alright
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my oldest and youngest kids birthdays are eight days apart. i don't make them share, i never have i don't think that it is fair. i like to give them both their own days. but they are old enough to let me know they do not want to share. you just have to figure out what works for your family. ask the older son if he wants to share a party with his younger brother or not. you should get his input since it is for him also.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 1:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I usually have a family cake on there birthdays I bake it costing a total of 3.00, and I give them a little gift. It is just for us and them.

Then I have one party for 2 and another for 2, I have 4 kids with Birthdays Oct. Dec, Jan, Feb.

The two youngest have one together, and the two oldest have one together. They can invite who ever they like. The family sugguested it, because they live a distance and why not have it together. Hey, works for us.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I understand how you feel but since your younger one is on the 23rd on a Saturday do it for then and celebrate your older son's on that day as well (It will be on a Saturaday oppose to on a Monday on the 4th) and more family and friends can come...it is up to you but to be honest your 1 year old won't remember it as good as your older boy. It can get expensive so I would just do it all at once. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• a birthday is their day and they dont want to share it with anyone but u can do it while there still young i mean its really up to u but since ones 4 and the other one is 1 then they probally wont remember it
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Its not really a big gap. I think there b-days are a week apart. I really want my younger son to have his own birthday but party can be expensive and my family might not come to both. So should I have a cake on the 4th for my oldest and then have the party for both, and have a cake on the 23rd? man thats alot of cake lol
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009