Cookie recipe?

Anyone have any good chocolate chip cookie recipe that you wish to share? I make them and they come out so flat. How do you make them where they are somewhat puffy looking? Thanks!

Annasofia

Asked by Annasofia at 1:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I too am chocolate chip cookie challenged -- flat cookies with chocolate chip tumors. Some people swear that you just need to add a little extra flour, some say that the cookies are flat when your butter/shortening is too soft, some say that your baking soda/powder has to be "fresh" -- nothing works for me. Help!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I live in a high elevation (Montana) and always have to add at least 1/2 C. of flour to the recipe. (I just use the one on the bag of chocolate chips as it is the best one I have tried)
    It works for every recipe I use, just add flour. Otherwise, they usually come out too flat. Sometime I add more than a cup. Just depends.....try 1/2 cup and then only bake a few. That way you dont add TOO much.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• These are awesome! I make 1/2 or 1/4 batch and freeze the dough in balls so we can always have hot, fresh cookies:

2 c Butter
    2 c Sugar
    2 c Brown sugar
    4 Eggs
    2 ts Vanilla
    4 c Flour
    5 c Oatmeal flour*
    1 ts Salt
    2 ts Baking powder
    2 ts Baking soda
    24 oz Chocolate chips
    3 c Chopped nuts
    8 oz chocolate bar(grated) (milk or semi-sweet)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Cream butter and sugars together, add flour,
    oatmeal powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Then add chips,
    chocolate and nuts. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet, golf-ball sized dough,
    2 inches apart,for 6 minutes. Makes 112 cookies

OATMEAL POWDER- Premeasure
    5 cups oatmeal. Put in blender or processor, and grind until powdered.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• The recipe on the back of the Gold medal flour bag always turns out better for me than the Toll-house recipe....Not as flat!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• check that your oven is heating properly and that the pan isnt too warm when you dole out the dough because it can cause the dough to spread before it has a chance to cook and set.
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 1:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I know the secret!! I use the recipe for cookies on the back of the Nestle toll house morsels. The secret is to use half butter and half butter flavored Crisco for the butter called for in the recipe. Crisco stands up well in heat so it helps to create a not so flat cookie. I make these and am told everytime that they are the best home made choc chip cookies people have ever had. Good luck!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 3:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009