Legit work from home Job???

Hello Moms,

My name is Mindy and I am wanting to get out of my current job. I am misserable here and am now car-less since my transmission just blew yesterday and my boyfriend's motor blew on Friday. I currently work for my mother at her company; I used to enjoy it, but she has been butting in too much on my life and has more control than she should over me. I am in insurance sales right now but love computers. I have done jewelry sales in the past but just wasn't my niche. The research I have been doing seems to always bring up what seems like a scam.

Does anyone know anything about this google job posted all over the internet. You work from home and attach links to google or something like that and get paid a pretty penny for it. Scam or no?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Huge thanks,

}i{ Mindy }i{

alwaysgrateful

Asked by alwaysgrateful at 1:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Beware of "jobs" that ask for money...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't know about the google job you were asking about, but I do work from home with a completely legitimate company. They just recently received an award from the BBB for their ethics and integrity. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! I would love to get you more information and answer any questions that you may have. My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hey girl, sorry to hear about yalls cars!! I know the feeling though as we only have one car so if something went wrong it would NOT be good with our 2 girls!!
    I work from home with AMERIPLAN which is a discount benefits co. They are 17yrs old & we are associated with some big Fortune 500 companies like WaltMArt, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Pearl Vision, Sears, Disney, etc...
    That really helped me when I was wondering about the company being a scam or not because big companies like those would not put their name on the line for a co that was a sacm :)
    I love it and I would be more than happy to talk with you about it if you'd like.

678-823-0523
    Christina51505-Yahoo IM
    ChristinaDennis@Ameriplan.net

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 5:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• the google job is not a real work... their business model is make you to put links so that people like you buy the idea and do the same thing again, so you will be actually selling idea to people to repeat the same thing...
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 5:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have some ideas listed on my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have real jobs in my cafemom group. If you are really strapped on cash I would not recommend starting any homebased business like the ones you see above. It takes money to make money.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is not trying to help you, just helping themselves-being greedy.

You can find the group at http://www.newcareer4me.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009