Weird, orange bathtub ring?

Since I became pregnant and before I was aware of it I noticed that everytime I take a bath an orange ring is left on the bathtub, I am very clean and bathe at least twice a day (comforting and soothing, tub with jets alleviates my stress and pregnancy symptoms) and sometimes shower inbetween. I clean the tub every time but it comes back. Weird huh? Anyone else had anything like this?

kittymontclaire

Asked by kittymontclaire at 1:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its probably not you its probably rust that is in your water, does it turn your pretty whites into dingy yellow? does this ring appear in your toilets? If so its hard water, very common and kinda expensive to fix. GL
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hmmm? Ring around the tub or the drain (at first I thought of slightly rust) but if it is around the tub Idk...

Do you wear any type of tannless lotion on you?....I really don't know what to make of it.

Do you eat alot of carrots?...or taking some kind of vitamin that has carrots?....lol I know dumb but really trying to make sense of it....lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• if it's orange. it's probably rust. Do you have a water softner? Does it need some more rocksalt?
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 2:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Possibly but I have lived her for 8 years and it was a new home and I just noticed this in the past couple of months. But the other things (other than the whites) are possible. Hmmm interesting. Thanks.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 2:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Sounds like you have a rust problem. It can develop over time if the pipes are older. The pipes over time get older and the protective sealent starts to wear off causing them to rust. It will happen easier and faster if your home has hard water or you add too much salt to the water softner.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't know if it matters but it is treated city water.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 2:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009