only for TTC moms and currently pregnant moms

if you are currently working...what type of job do you have?, do you think being pregnant or getting pregnant will interfere with your job?..im asking because my career path is law enforcement and human services and its freaking me out to think that my job could hinder my chances of being pregnant because of the demand and the potential danger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it does have an impact on your pregnancy based on what kind of job you have.I work at Jack in the box and i unload the delivery truck twice a week and the strain and stress of the job made me miscarry,but I'm sure with your line of work if you were to get pregnant they could accomdate you with a nice desk job.Good luck sweety
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i have a desk job, so im not really in that sort of position. but i think you are right in being concerned in your situation. sorry, i couldnt help!
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am a sleep tecnologist and work overnight, I have heard that a night schedule can possibly cause problems but the job itself allows me to sit with my feet up for 6-7 hours a night and only about 3 hours of standing and doing tasks (pt care,and setup for test then cleaning up in the morning).But in during my other pregnancy I was lifting 50 lbs in and out of my car daily and they would not accomodate me or find something else for me to do so I was forced to quit when my Dr. said I could no longer lift that much weight (at about 5 months) if you are law enforcement surely they can accomodate you and find a "safer" job until you have the baby. Its really against the law (at least in my state) if they don't.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 2:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My first job i worked retail in a busy busy store on my feet almost full time and HATED LIFE toward the end of my pregnancy. This time Im at a desk, and besides the pressure it puts on my hips from sitting, its much better. Less stress, no heavy lifting or grunt work. And its about the same hours...I would say the high stress and potential danger in your job could be an issue, What could you do in Human Services? That sounds like maybe a job that would be better during and right after pregnancy?! But law enforcement would be a NO NO in my book?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2009