Do you think being on birth control for many years affects ovulation?

So I've been on birth control on and off for 8 years now. I'm taking a break from it because we can't afford and we may decide to have another baby soon. My question is Is that if you take a type of birth control that inhibits ovulation do you think it may cause you to ovulate more often. Seeing that my body has not ovulated that much in 8 years could my ovaries kick into overdrive? I've been taking my temperature every morning and according to it I've ovulated twice in a week. This seems unlikely to me. Anyone have advice?

ainstalshia

Asked by ainstalshia at 2:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

• Absolutely.

Anonymous

• yes is does i was on birth control for 5 years. then when i got off of it i would get my period every 5 months, and i couldn't get pregnant. after 2 years of trying i started to take clomid, and next month i was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I'm not having a problem concieving but we are hoping for a boy so I need to know exactly when I ovulate. And I'm confused that according to my temp I did twice in one week.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 1:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009