What do you think?

For the past few days I've had a bad cold with a bad sore throat and some voice/coughing issues. So I've been taking a MINIMAL amount of Nyquil at night (like 1/4 of regular dose because I'll have a major headache and feel like crap if I take their full dosage.) Anyway, I still have the cold, but it's getting better, BUT I feel like 10 times better than I have in a long time - I don't feel dead tired and completely drained of energy. I assume it has to do with taking the cough syrup and sleeping better while I have that in my system. The amount of sleep hasn't changed, so that's all I can figure.

The question I have for you all is, once I stop taking the medicine for my cold (which could be as soon as tonight depending on how I feel before bed) what do I do if I start waking up feel like crap and drained of energy again? Do you think it has to do with quality of sleep or something?

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

• Try keeping hydrated, getting plenty of rest and getting your day's worth of Vitamin C. Of course oranges are a good source but sometimes they give me heartburn. Red Bell Peppers are also a good source. If it doesn't go away maybe you should see your Dr. it could be strep throat or a common cold ( in which case there's not really anything you can do) who knows. Also I've seen that Zicam advertised it's supposed to help you get over your cold I've never tried it but it may work.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 2:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My question isn't about the cold. It's about sleep! I know what to do for a cold.
    Anonymous