Are you giving your childs teacher anything for Christmas?

if so, what? if not, why not?

my sons teacher collects teddy bears...I got her a teddy bear with a gift card holder attatched...I tried to ge my son to ask her where she likes to eat but he wouldn't. I'm going to get her a gift card to Chili's- it can be used at five different restaurants- they are all owned by the same company. I really like his teacher and think she deserves more than just a candle or a mug and I can afford it (am thankful that I can) so that is what I am doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm giving her a $10.00 gift card to her favorite resturant.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 2:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I can not afford to. I would send baked goodies but then I'm never sure what people can or can not eat or do/don't like. Its difficult. Plus, my oldest has 3-4 teachers, so I would be buying for 6 teachers. Even at $5 a piece, I would be spending $30 which right now I just don't have.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My daughter is a teacher and just a nice note is fine. She appreciates classroom things most. Ask the teacher what small thing you can provide for the classroom some times just a box of tissues or hand sanitizer is appreciated.
    Anonymous

• I like to give gift cards also. :) I pick small locally owned business. For the teachers or assistants with families I do food or activities and for the single ones I try to pick a specialty place that offers something they enjoy. Sporting goods, coffee shops, etc. There have been times I wasn't able to budget much more than the classic mug/ ornament type gift so I did a little investigative small talk to get a feel for their specific taste in things so I could avoid giving their 207th "World's Greatest Teacher" apple print coffee mug. lol
    Anonymous

• We normally buy games for the classroom. My sister's a teacher and she said they're great because on rainy days the kids like something new to play and has all the pieces. You can usually buy them Black Friday, etc for $5.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2009