Do your pregnancy symptoms go away before the miscarriage happens?

I have had a miscarriage before but don't remember the details, It was such a shock to go into the ultrasound expecting to see a heartbeat on a perfectly formed baby and then its not there. I have had a beautiful daughter since and am pregnant again 8.5 weeks, but I am so afraid of that happening again. I get scared when I start to feel well because I am afraid that the baby died. Right now my boobs dont hurt anymore, but I still feel a little nauseated. I hate not knowing how my baby is doing.

kittymontclaire

Asked by kittymontclaire at 2:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy symptoms come and go. You need to relax. I understand your anxiety, I've had several miscarriages myself, however, my symptoms continued after I m/c. You're still very early, I wouldn't stress.
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 2:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different... I had all the symptoms before I had a miscarriage, but when I was pregnant with my son, I had NO pregnancy symptoms at all. I know how you feel though, I got pregnant with my son about a month and a half after my miscarriage, and I stressed pretty much for my entire pregnancy. One thing that reassured me a lot is that I bought a doppler, so I could listen for the heartbeat myself. My SO still laughs at me, because whenever he'd come home, he'd find me on the couch, working that doppler for all it was worth, heh. It might still be a little early for you to be able to hear it, but it might be something you want to look into in a couple of weeks.... Hang in there!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Pregnancy symptoms come and go. I know I would have a couple 'major symptoms' days and then a couple 'no symptom' days. It can be very normal. Unfortunately after a m/c it is hard not to worry- you've been through the bad and it's hard to forget. I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and was anxious with all three of my living children's pregnancies because of it. ((HUGS)) and hang in there! The odds are great that there is a healthy baby in there!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am there will you I myself had a M/C(Blighted Ovum) earlier this year and I am currently just about 12 weeks pregnant and some of my symptoms seem to come and go breast tenderness but I take it as a good sign though that I have had some interesting cravings and being constantly being tired. Good Luck and Breathe. ;)
    Anonymous

• Early in my pregnancy I had the same thoughts. I felt so good without any symptoms I thought how could I possibly be pregnant? I'm 34 weeks and now that I look back I realized how much I took that time for granted bc suddenly I'm getting every bad symptom imaginable and can't wait for this pregnancy to end. So my advice is enjoy not having symptoms while it last and don't worry so much! Just relax and enjoy the holidays. Everything will work out
    hillma

Answer by hillma at 3:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• im right there with you im almost 9 weeks and i had morning sickness bad all day and only hit me yesterday at night and today so far all day so it changes and im scared too cuz of a m/c i had in June this year if you need someone to talk to and let your thoughts and stuff out your more then welcome to message me and i hope everything goes good with this preg
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009