Why do nonChristians celebrate Christmas?

This is very odd to me. If you are not Christian why do you celebrate the day that honors Christ's birth? You don't see this is any other religion. I have never met a Christian who celebrates Jewish holidays. I've never met a Christian celebrating yule. Never met a Mormon celebrating Kwananza. So why do you feel the need to celebrate Christian's holiday to celebrate Christ? Why not have Santa on another day and not call it Christmas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• For fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• is=in
    Anonymous

• You can have fun on another day that isn't dishonoring an entire religion. Atheist's celebrating Christmas is very disrespectful. You don't honor Christ then don't celebrate Christmas.
    Anonymous

• Why do you care? We do it on Christmas day because everything is closed down. What better day to do it on? Why should I have to change my day just because they Christians want the holiday all to themselves.
    Anonymous

• What does it matter to you? No one is hurting you by celebrating so it doesn't concern you.
    Anonymous

• jewjewbee is this you? LMAO!!!!

Go read the journal on this topic. It has over 250 comments and covers every single reason under the sun including "who cares what they celebrate?"
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should just focus on Jesus instead of other peoples business. Its not like they are coming in you home and forcing you to watch them have fun. Get over it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Thank you, but I will continue to dishonor an entire religion. It's the least I could do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Because they can.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

So then do you celebrate the TRUE meaning? OR just the tree and presents. Presents is not the TRUE meaning. You sound like such a hypocrit
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009