why am i so lonely?

I have everything I've always wanted in life yet I still feel so alone. I don't know what to do.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you married? Do you have friends that you feel you can rely on?

Some people will say that emptiness feeling is a lack of god in your life. Not sure if it's true, but it might be for some people.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• MAKE A LIST OF THE THING YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH AND A LIST OF THINGS YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT. COMPARE THE TWO THEN YOU WILL TRUELY KNW IF YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YO UNEED IN LIFE
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It's not uncommon that when you reach all of your goals there is a let down. For you it may be lonliness. You can set new goals and do new things. You could try cognitive therapy. In a few counseling sessions you may be able to feel much better.

Be careful on CM saying you have everything you want. So many of us are struggling. People may attack you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Maybe what you have always thought you wanted was not really what you wanted or needed. You might try a therapist. They can help you sort through all this.
    Anonymous

• NO DEAR, WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!! SAY WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE TO SAY. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU, HAVEING MOSTLY ALL THAT YOU DESIRE
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 2:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When I say I have everything I've always wanted it doesn't mean I don't still need things. Wha( I meant was I have a husband who loves me and two wonderful healthy children who I am lucky enough to stay home with all day long. I do still need insurance and some extra money would be nice since we currently live paycheck to paycheck with very little money in the bank.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• THAT IS GREAT. HELL NOW I ENVY YOU. LOL, IT SEEM YOUR LIFE IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK. WHAT SORT OF THINGS MAKE "YOU" HAPPY? DO YOU SPEND TIME DOING THINGS FOR YOURSELF....SPENDING ME TIME? LOOKING OUT FOR YOU.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 3:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have all I could ever want in life and get lonely too sometimes. So come on over and we'll have tea together to not be so lonely. The best way for me to not be so lonely is to get out and volunteer to help others not be so lonely. (at senior citizens homes or a hospital or a homeless shelter). "Give what you need" is what I was always taught. So my point is giving your time to help others not be so lonely can take away your lonliness.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009