is my baby fat?

someone told me today that my baby boy is fat! he is almost 3 months old an weighs around 14lbs! i dont think hes fat! i have pics of him on my profile if ya wanna see him

mommyof2boysmd

Asked by mommyof2boysmd at 2:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long? If he is short that is probably why someone said that.
    No though I dont think that is fat at all.
    My daughter weights 22 lbs and people say she is fat but they also fail to relize she is about 30- 31 inches.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• OH NO he is not fat.
    HE is adorable,
    My daughter was bigger than that wehn she was born LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No your son isn't fat! People get stupid charts and averages mixed up and think that there is no room for anything outside that but really a lot depends on things like bone structures even in babies. My children all weighed 20 lbs by 3 months old and even the doctors didn't say they were fat! They weren't they are just very large boned even as babies. Your son looks perfectly fine and not fat at all.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• ty ladies
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 2:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Your baby is overweight. You need to stop feeding him so much. If you are bottlefeeding you need to find out how much your baby should be eating and only feed that much. You are not supposed to feed all that a baby will take. Babies have a strong sucking desire and some will suck down much more than they need. That's why there are charts, feeding guidelines, weight charts, ect.

It your baby is breastfed, feed on one breast only each feeding. That way the baby will get the high fat milk at the end of the feeding that makes babies feel full.

Overweight babies become overweight kids with health problems. Your baby weighs about what a 9 month old should weigh. Go to google and find the current weight charts and look it up for yourself. Don't listen to people who tell you it's ok for your baby to be fat. It's not worth the risk to their lifelong health.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• gaill stfu i see your answers all the time an some of them u dont know what your talking about so just stfu!
    Anonymous

• My son has been in the 98%+ since he was like 5 months old...for weight and height..everyone said when he starts moving around hell lose all that weight..NOT hes just as solid as ever. Hes been crawling around for 2 months now, trying to stand getting into everything and he's still 29 pounds and 31 "...Some babys are just BIG...he is SOLID! He looked like a canon ball when he was younger lol...but i would never let anyone tell me my kid was too big or anything! tell everyone to screw off, your baby is HEALTHY not FAT!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No, I don't think he is fat. I think he is healthy and sooo cute! All babies have a secure amount of weight they hold on to, hence the term "baby fat", but as soon as he gets older and starts walking/crawling and becoming more active, it will all fall right off. But NO he is not fat.

Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 3:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• VERY fat...stop feeding him so much
    Anonymous

• Oh please!! Babies need that fat for energy to grow and develop. Keep giving him that good mommymilk and ignore the anonynasties!!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009