puppy scam question! please help

Ok so we are suppose to be reviving a puppy tomorrow. My question is if a person is trying to do a scam will they call you and have actual conversations with you? And would they continue to call after they have received the money? Thanks for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pets

• My question is why on earth you would pay money for a puppy without having the puppy in hand... Sounds like a scam to me. But also sounds like you would have been a LOT better off going to the SPCA and adopting an animal in need, instead. You would have been able to see the dog, get a detailed evaluation of its character, AND have done a good deed, all at the same time.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Well, to ensure that you are never the victim of a scam, NEVER, EVER, EVER, give someone $$ before you have what you want.
    Anonymous

• Yep... I think this is the same person who posted the Bulldog question a few days ago.

You didn't get that dog from Africa, did you?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• What the heck do you mean by "reviving a puppy"??
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You know what, that's not what she asked, she didn't asked to be preached to about saving a dog from the shelter she asked a question about being scammed out of money. If I want a certain type of dog and I pay money for it, that doesn't make me a horrible person it just means I want a certain type of dog. Yes it's good to adopt from a shelter IF you can find a dog that fits you and your lifestyle. I see people on here who ask questions about breeding and people jump down their throat over it and it kills me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Possibly, make sure you keep all the phone #'s and names of those you have spoken to. As for sending money before receiving a dog, if you buy a puppy/dog from a breeder not in your area you have to send money as a deposit. My son just sent money weekly to pay for his dog that came from Florida, we were lucky enough that his grandma was able to go spend time with the puppy and drive her to us. Adopting from a shelter is great, but the couple times we tried either we wanted a specific breed or once we picked a dog (not a puppy) it was overly aggressive toward our other dog (we meet on neutral ground before adopting).

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You know I was just on craigslist wanting a lab puppy for my children's Christmas present. I had this person email me all of this awesome information about this 9 week old AKC registered pup, well it turned out he lived like 20 hours away from me. He wanted me to send him 150.00 *THATS ALL* for this puppy.. I would only have to pay for the shipping of him. Once I found out where he lived and that I wouldn't be able to get the dog before the money was sent out. I knew it was a scam! I hope you didn't just throw away your money!! I hope this person was honest!!

My SIL threw away 250.00 by doing this!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2009