how much did you pay your insurance for the birth of your child?

I had epidural and stayed 2 nights in the hospital. the total bill was around $4000. How much did you pay with/without epidural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had an epidural and i didn't pay anything....my primary insurance covered all but $500 and my secondary covered that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't remember exactly. With each of our kids we have payed around $2000 out of our pockets.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I only had to pay $200, but participated in a healthy babies program (consisted of two phone calls) and received a refund of $175, so I only paid $25!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I had two insurances, that covered 3 nights, 2 days, an epidural, multiple stitches, etc. and I paid $0 out of pocket. Total my insurance paid a little over $10,000.
    Anonymous

• Call the anesthesiologist office and ask them how much an epidural is. When my dd had her's a few years ago it was only $125.00. She was supposed to pay it before delivery but she didn't. They gave it to her anyway and didn't pay anything

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I payed around $2,000 total (including daughters stay as well). That was for a 2 nights 1 day stay lol, no epidural but I did have the pain medicine they give you in your IV, I was also induced and daughter had Jaundice. With my insurance i was responsible for 10% of the bill.

Anonymous

• I had to pay nothing that insurance covered, and I don't have any co-pays. The only thing I paid for was the private room, tv and phone.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• none my insurance cover both births
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My insurace (through DH's work) paid everything. But it was ridiculous, I had a 100% natural birth. No drugs of any sort, no stitches, no assistance (foreceps vaccuum etc) of any kind. Baby had no problems at all and I breastfed and brought my own diapers, and they charged 18,000 all together. About 11 for my part and 7 for the "care" of my dd (who roomed in with me).
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• With Chloe I only paid for the food (Tricare). With Jackson I paid for nothing (Medicaid).
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2009