still bleeding with birth control pill you take while breastfeeding

I'm on the birth control pill with no estrogen in it. I'm breastfeeding and have been taking the pill for the last two months. I've been bleeding the entire time! It is pretty much as heavy as a period. It sucks so bad. How long before I can expect this to end? I'm ready for some serious sex with my husband!

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to call your doc and see if there isnt another pill you can take while nursing. It isnt normal to keep bleeding like that, Im pretty sure, and if you have had a period straight for 2 months your poor body is going to end up feeling pretty crappy pretty soon. Please call your doc and talk to him about changing BC methods
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I did call them. They said it is normal for some women to bleed through a few cycles. She said after the 3rd month if I'm still bleeding, and I was tired of it (who wouldn't be) I could just stop taking them and just use condoms. That doesn't seem like the best solution.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009