I'm really scared.. is this normal??? HELP!!!

My DD who is just 3 months old always has dark circles underneath her eyes? Her nurse even noticed it just with her last checkup when I brought her in because her SIDS monitor went off. So we thought it was from lack of oxygen.
But it has been happening since she was about 2 weeks old. I don't know what to think of this.. I'm very worried... It is always Blue/greenish in color under her eye... Has this happened to anybody else's child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes and I was told its allergies. You should have your DD tested.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Same thing with my neice's daughter. Alergies and she's been tested and is allergic to pretty much everything.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• OP here, I had never thought of something like that. What causes them to have the discoloration under the eyes? Never knew allergies would do something like that! Thanks !!
    Anonymous

• my son had that but i was never told it was allergies, they just said cause he was a preemie and had lack of oxygen in the womb and they faded away eventually.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i suffer from alleergies and asthma amd my dark circles r from that
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You know, the first few months my son's under eyes where dark too. His pediatrician said she couldn't tell they were dark. To me - they looked very dark. She said there is nothing wrong with him. In my son's case I think it is just like us. When we don't get enough sleep we get dark circles under our eyes. So I noticed that when he doesn't get enough, like if he stays up too late, there are the circles.

I hope everything is well. Good luck.
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2009