I slept on my back...did I harm my baby?

I woke up today around 6 in the morning to of corse, pee. But what really worries me is that I woke up on my back, I remember somthing about how that might harm your baby... I dont care if I got damaged some how, I can bounce back but Im truly worried.. I havent felt her kick much at all yet, my S/O said that she's just sleeping becuse she is getting ready to come out soon.. but I heard this story of a poor woman who thought she felt her baby kicking after somthing bad happend... only to find out that the poor baby was no longer living and was just bumping around her body... Im sorry if that drums up any bad memories but I cant get it outta my head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You just cut off some of the oxygen supply but as long as you woke up then the baby should be ok. Just try to prop a pillow behind you so you are not flat on your back.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Think of it this way: for thousands of years women didn't have doctors to tell them not to sleep on their backs, and their baby's were fine. There's a big artery carrying blood to your body and your baby that goes beneath the baby, and when you lie on your back there is a chance of limiting some of the blood supply. Fortunately, you would feel it first, because you would get lightheaded. I slept on my back all the time when I was preggo, because it was so hard getting comfortable. You're baby will be fine, personally, I think doctors don't trust women's bodies enough!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• <3 thank you guys. Sorry Im just alitte paranoid...
    Anonymous

• i asked my midwife about this in my first pregnancy because i almost always woke up on my back or on the wrong side. she said to just make an effort to go to sleep on the correct side, and not to worry about ti from there. she said that if you are lying the "wrong" way to the point that it gets bad, you would move in your sleep so that it would be ok.
    Anonymous