Has anyone had a UTI and had it turn into a kidney infection?

I have had UTI's before and usually I will just drink cranberry juice and it will go away. This time though I have had my UTI for about 3 days and I am about to get the cranberry juice. I am feeling very ill. Terrible lower back pains, nausea. i am also feeling kinda out of it. I am just wondering if I waited to long to get the cranberry juice. I hope not. I just havent had time to get to the doctors..kids being ill and such.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

• Yes it can go on into a kidney infection and if you are feeling that bad it sounds like it has worked its way on up. Go to your doctor or clinic as soon as possible, it is possbile to do some major kidney damage if left untreated, you need an antibiotic and the sooner the better. You arent going to be able to keep taking care of sick kids if you are sick too, and some kidney infections can get bad enoug to land you in the hospital for a few days, so dont wait any longer, go in and soon. GL
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 4:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I did the same as you are doing now a few years ago. I thought the UTI was gone and then later ended up in hospital for a week with a kidney infection., Dr said I was lucky that we did catch it in time since kidneys were on verge of shutting down.
    Anonymous

• I have done the same. I waited and thought I had the uti under control. I ended up with a kidney infection. I was on antibiotics and was so sick I was in bed almost a week, til I got my strength back and felt better.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009