Can you still get pregnant even if you don't have your period? I mean do you still ovulate?

I am just wondering. I already have a daughter and she came to me as a surprise since I didn't think I could even have children. My period is all wack it's very irregular, my last period was back in September then I had also gotten it back in August but before that it was in April. We are currently TTC, it hasn't been that long probably since October so 2 months, I thought I was pregnant when I didn't get my period in October but I was wrong. I have taken 2 test and nothing 1 time we saw a very faint positive but then it turned into a negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did!!!!! I had my son back in Nov of 08 & my period was WACKED UP. From Jan to August I had maybe 3 peroids. Well Sept 2 I found out I was 2 weeks pregnant. So yes I do believe it is possible. 19 weeks n counting
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If you ovulate it is 14 days before your period for most women. If you ovulate you can get pregnant. You don't always ovulate before a period. You can take your temps in the morning and keep charts to know if you ovulate.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• OP here: I also had my daughter in Nov 08!! When I became pregnant with my daughter I had my period Jan 08 but before that it was Oct 07!! So I probably do ovulate, do you ladies recommend that I buy an ovulation kit?

Anonymous

• You ovulate before your period. If you get pregnant then you will not have a period.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• of course
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• rkoloms - Right but I haven't had a period in about 3 months and I am not pregnant. But that wasn't my question, you should read the whole question.

Anonymous

• Sounds like you have polycystic disease. You should look it up :). I have it and concieved two daughters 17 years apart. I did not have a period before I became preg.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My last period was Sept 19, I missed my period in October or got pregnant right before it would have been due ( I have PCOS and so I can never know when I will ovulate or have a period) but tested and tested and it took a long time to be positive. so when I did test positive and went to the doctor to confirm they couldnt figure out why I wasn't further along according to normal standards, we had to do an ultrasound which confirmed that I got pregnant two weeks later that I would have had I been "normal". Maybe this helps maybe not but some women ovulate at wacky times.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 7:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I haven't :( I was put on provera in august to make me have a period and clomid to make me ovulate...maybe you can ask your dr about those medicines if your TTC...I've been trying for 11 months and nothing!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes, you can. I have 2 periods a year. One in early April and one in late Oct/early Nov. I went for almost 6 months without a period, ovulated in April of '08 and got pregnant. That was the only time I ever got pregnant on my own (but lost it soon after). If I hadn't conceived, then my period would have shown up 14 days later. But I can feel ovulation and know my fertile cues so I knew what was going on. Other than that I've had to use fertility meds.

There is a chance though if you don't have regular periods that you are just having an anovulatory bleed when the endometrium lining gets really thick and sheds.

Pregnancy can take several months to achieve for women who have NO problems. If your cycles are that messed up then you probably need to go see your doctor for testing and help. Charting your temps helps pinpoint ovulation in your cycles too!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009