Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you report someone driving with a suspended license and no insurance?

My friend loaned her 2nd car to her boyfriend. He has been driving it for months now. We found out this week that his license has been suspended. She knows this but is scared to ask for the car back or to report it as stolen.

I have tried to convince her that she is responsible if anything happens when he is driving the car, but she is too scared.

Would you call in an anonymous tip to report this person?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (17)
  • Yes. how would you feel if you were in an accident with him? You would get nothing but the bills.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • Is she more scared of jail? If something happens while he's driving she's legally responsible for it. Why is she so afraid to ask for her car back? Its her car. has he been violent w/ her? If so then yeah i'd call him in

    Answer by Nyx7 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • Yes, this is the person that ran a stop sign and hit my husband. He totaled our truck and 5th wheel RV and ended up paying nothing. This cost us over $20,000. He had no insurance, no license and didn't really care at all that he ran the stop sign. He got a ticket for failure to yield. Report their ass.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • Why is she so scared? It is her responsibility if anything happens, and she can be charged if she knew he doesn't have a license. So, I think that I would call, just to get him off the road.

    Answer by 29again at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • ok i was gonna say no cause it will come back to bite you in the butt if there really was no reason but now that there's a reason she really needs to not be so scared, ya know? she's gonna encounter alot of problems in her life and this is just one, if she can overcome this obstical, she might be proud of herself stick up for herself some more when things like this come

    Answer by americansugar80 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • I absolutely would call! She could be in a world of trouble if he did end up in an accident... Not to mention the people whose lives he could potentially ruin in the process.

    Answer by Anouck at 5:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • I have and will do it again. IN NY, the registered owner, insured and driver can be SUED, if involved in a traffic accident. As for someone who knows the aftermath of a traffic fatality, its not something she wants to go through. She would be STUPID, to let him keep driving. But if she can live with what HE could do have at it.

    Answer by PestPatti at 5:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • Yes, yes and yes!

    Answer by older at 5:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • <----OP, how do we report him?

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • It is her car, she needs to ask for it back and if he refuses the report it stolen and that the driver has a suspended license and no insurance. Does she want to be held liable if he gets into an accident or something else he might do. But she needs to give him a chance to do the right thing. If he asks why say becuse you license is suspened and you have no insurance, that is driving illigally and you are not going to be held responsible if something happens. If he puts up a stink say you will turn him into the cops. Then follow throught.


    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.