Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If the custodial parent wants to move out of state and the non-cusodial parent is against who usually wins in court?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • The custodial parent cant leave without the other parents consent. point blank!

    Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • The only way my sisters ex husband would agree to her and her new husband moving out of state with there minor child was if he was flown twice a year back to Michigan at there expense and 1/2 of summer vacation is with him. This was in writing and part of there agreement with Friend of the Court. In Michigan the law was the custiodial parent couldnt leave without agreed permission.

    Answer by mistynights234 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • A lot depends on why they want to move out of state, and then visitation needs to be set before the move so that everything is agreed upon. The courts try their best, as far as I can see, to keep the child in contact with both parents. I had to move from California to Wyoming back in 1993 and I had to get approval from my ex. It was because my husband at the time got a job transfer and we had to take it. So it worked out.

    Answer by TarLion at 6:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.