Is Christmas still magical for you? Did you believe in Santa?

I am happy to say that Christmas is STILL a magical time of the year for me. The magic of Christmas for me was never based on Santa so I guess I just never outgrew it. I mean, my dad would sometimes say that santa was real but we never got any gifts from him so I never really believed that.
No, for me the magic of Christmas came in the joys of others. Everybody was always happy on Christmas and to me that was magic in itself. I always loved the lights and the tree. I loved giving others gifts (as well as getting them of course as a child). But above all the magic of Christmas was that God cared enough about ME and about every other person in this world to send His only Son to this world.
Now that I am grown and have a son of my own I still see magic in Christmas because all of these things are true. I never had to outgrow them and have the magic taken from me. They still exist to this day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is still magical for me, it brings out good will in men, it reminds me of generosity and kindness, it speaks of love and overall good feellings. Gifts for myself don't bring out the magic, but the ones I get for my loved ones do. The smell of pine tree, colored lights, and 80 degree weather in Miami, is not exactly Christmasy but I cope. I saw the magic three times through my kids eyes and enjoyed each and every short moment.

Answer by older at 5:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I was a huge believer in Santa. To this day, I still get a feeling of excitement on Christmas Eve. It's almost as if I still believe that Santa will visit that night. Knowing that Santa isn't real doesn't take the magic of Christmas from me. I don't think I'll ever outgrow Christmas. Christmas is so much more than Santa. It is love and family and God. It is charity and hope and believing in others. You can have Santa and keep the true meaning of Christmas in your heart.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 5:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Was a believer in Santa as a child. Became a Christian as a teenager. Am raising my children to know and love our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ... AND... to set out milk and cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes I did and still do believe in the magic and wonder of Santa. And I still find Christmas to this day to be a joyful season when people actually open up a bit and show the goodness they have hidden inside...that's the 'gift' I believe Santa brings each year.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• yes i belived in santa till i was 8. but i didnt tell my mom that i knew santa wasnt real till i was 10. and i love christmas
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I never celebrated Christmas as a child and still don't as an adult. I avoid stores and malls this time of year because the greed and mean spiritedness of the season is really crazy. I was at the grocery store the week of Christmas last year. I had bought a ham turned around and some woman all decked out in Christmas sweater and what not stole the ham out of my cart. I don't see the magic and don't feel my kids heads with lies. They have an imagination and a great life. They are not greedy, mindless robots and I am glad for that.
    Anonymous

• I like to see my kids enjoy the spirit of the season but not really Santa because I think it's a big fall when the truth comes out. But they love it so that's fun. As an adult, I think Christmas is a pain in the butt, costing lots of money and being more about crap to buy and food to eat than the actual meaning and spirit of giving. I have to agree somewhat with the anon above me.
    I am glad you enjoy it though, that is all that matters : )
    Anonymous

• Usually it is. This year its not. The stress in my household is overriding the magic.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Christmas has NEVER been a magical time for me! And I NEVER believed in Santa!

Halloween on the other hand has always been Magical and Wonderfilled!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I believed in Santa and the entire holiday season (including Santa) is still a magical time of year for me.

Why are people so bent on changing other people's minds? You didn't do the Santa thing and it worked for you. Yay you. I did and I do with my kids. It works for us. I didn't lose the magic just because I grew up. It changed from the idea of a real old guy with a sled to being a part of *me.*
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009