I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS/ BUT DO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY FIGHT BECAUSE OF THEM

JUST WONDERING, IS IT JUST STRESS EITHER FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD OR SPENDING TOO MUCH START A FIGHT. OR IS EVERYTHING BETTER BECAUSE ITS THE HOLIDAYS OR WORSE. GO AHEAD VENT LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• I can't win no matter what. If I go all out on food and decorations and gifts he wonders why we did so much and if I don't go all out he wonders why we were so cheap about it. He never suggests anything till last second and then I am the one scrambling to make it all fall into place.
    Anonymous

• Ugh, yes. Just this question brings up bad memories and will probably start a fight. lol.
    For us it is the stress of seperating our time between in-laws and the stress of all holiday tradtions and duties fall on my shoulders (or at least it seems so to me) while he sits back and enjoys football and basketball.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Not really. I enjoy the holidays when my husband can be here with us since he's in the military. ;)
    Anonymous

• Yes. We don't have the money ever to get everyone presents so we concentrate on our children and certain relatives try to make us feel like failures. I don't care about what they think but that is just me. It's not bad enough that we dont' have much money to go visit anyone, or that we can't buy our children what they need or deserve but then we have the stress that DH is under both from himself and others. Many fights are inevitable and I am at the point of hating the holidays.
    Anonymous

• Its more the time seperation that messes things up for us. We can't even enjoy the holidays rushing from my parents to his parents to the aunts and uncles to friends houses to the north pole and back. Its too much. I'd rather stay at home with my kids then go all over the place. Next year like it or not we are doing an open house.
    Anonymous