Feeding every 3 hours.

My son, is 22 days old today...and I feed him 3.5oz..almost 4 oz..every 4 hours. But, today he woke up and wanted to be feed every 3 houra. What should I do? Feed him more..or just let him eat every 3 hours..till he goes back to 4 hours..if he does. I don't know what to do.

KoriwithaK

Asked by KoriwithaK at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he is hungry feed him. he is probably going thru a growth spurt
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I always fed on demand. It's normal for babies to go through changes in their eating habits. If he's satisfied after the bottle, then don't force more on him, but if he's not satisfied, give him more. If he wants to be fed again in just one hour, so be it. The little stinkers can be hard to keep up with sometimes. Good luck!
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 5:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yea, well he was 9 pounds 2 oz..when he was born. Last time I was at the doc, he was 9, 7oz. and that was on the 3rd.
    KoriwithaK

Answer by KoriwithaK at 5:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• He's way too young to try to regulate his feeding... Just feed him when he's hungry.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Feed him every 3 hours. That is still very reasonable for a newborn. He may be going through a growth spurt.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Feed on demand. Don't watch the clock... just feed when he's hungry. You want him to eat smaller amounts more frequently, it's better for him.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It's one of many growth spurts. Feed him what he wants. Forget about clocks and schedules.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Thank you...He is back on 4 hours now..but I will feed him whenever he wants it. :) I dont want him to go without it..and I want him to be happy. :)
    KoriwithaK

Answer by KoriwithaK at 6:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009