Santa is not just about gifts!

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

I believe there is more to santa than just the gifts, it is only about gifts if you fail to teach your children otherwise.

I keep seeing post about how we are telling our children lies or we only have santa so our kids get more gifts. This is not so for many of us it is sharing the magic and spirit of christmas, teaching our children about giving to others and yes there is the general message that they should be good. I believe there is a little bit of Santa in all of us and that by teaching our children just that is in no way harmful. We are teaching them on a level that is not only fun for them but that is enjoyable and age appropriate, learning should be fun. Not all lessons have to be learned the hard way. Childhood is about innocence and believing in what so many adults lost when they became wrapped up in adulthood, the ability to believe in things unseen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• Santa is celebrating a Saint. There is nothing wrong with celebrating a man who gives to people without wanting the acknowledgement for his good deeds. This is a great lesson that everyone should learn. You should give with love in your heart not because you want a pat on the back.
    Anonymous

• Santa is about gifts. Christmas is about Jesus and family for some and for others just family. As for seeing posts that others are teaching their children different things, that is their right. It really is okay for everyone to be different.
    Anonymous

• I agree. My son is now past the Santa age (15) and he misses the Santa fun. He still pretends for his sisters' sake. He never felt that we lied to him.
    Anonymous

• reindeer 1I believe.  Great post. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009