Do you ever give your baby a bottle that has been sittin for more then two hours after she began drinking from it?

sometimes when Im really tired i give her the bottle... shes two months and at times she has like 4 oz left.. milk isnt cheap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your not supposed to. Not to be rude, but food poisoning in a baby is a hell of a lot more expensive than a gallon of milk. If she drinks and puts it down just stick it back in the fridge.
    Anonymous

• girl dont worry.. as long as the milk dont look funny or smells then its okay.. i did this with my son.. his 2 yrs old now and healthy.. people may say no dont do that but once again that people that has money..lol.. just always check the milk...
    Anonymous

• You can't put the formula back in the fridge after you have used some. The baby's saliva works its way into the bottle as she drinks and causes germs to grow really fast. Its best to toss it after an hour.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• would you drink a glass of milk that has been sitting out for more than 2 hours? do for your baby as you would for yourself. don't make her such big bottles if she doesn't drink it all, and if she does drink it all and is still hungry then just make like 2 ozs. get on wic or something if you can't afford it, they give you 10 cans a month for free.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I hope you're giving the baby formula and not regular milk. If you're that lazy thats pretty bad. Put it in the fridge!
    Anonymous

• No way. Don't make such a big bottle at once - better yet, buy an inexpensive rubbermaid quart jug, make up a large amount at one time (like a day's worth) and keep it in the fridge - and when baby's hungry, give it a gently shake, pour our just a couple ounces into the bottle, warm, and feed - and if baby needs more, get more - but don't make a big bottle and keep feeding baby out of it - that's disgusting and can make for major health problems at any time in her young life.
    Anonymous

• well Idk if ANYONE on here knows or not... but cow's milk is perfectly ok to sit at room temperature for up to 6hours & the FDA & THe Human Milk Ass. of Northern America says that Breast milk is good @room temperature for up to 4-6hours
    & I have no idea about Formula milk.. but I assume it's still ok.
    & o btw, I wouldnt perfer it.. but Id drink my glass of milk if it's sat out for an hour or so (i do anyways)
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 7:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I do and I'm sure more moms than who has admitted it does as well. Don't worry too much.
    Anonymous

• No, I most certainly have not.

I know the major concern would be bacteria growing. Unlike human milk, which is a live substance... formula is dead and has no protective substances against bacteria.

How big of bottles are you making that you have 4 oz left over? Start with small bottles... 2-3 oz. If she's still hungry, make more... but you shouldn't be making huge bottles to start with.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• NO WHY CUZ I LOVE MY CHILD TOO MUCH!! FORMULA GOES BAD AFTER AN HR!! PARENTHOOD IS NOT FOR WIMPS!!
    ALSO YOU CAN JUST PUT IN IN THE FRIDGE OR ANOTHER GREAT IDEA DONT MAKE SO MUCH, START WITH 2 OZ AND SEE IF SHE WANTS MORE.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009