need answers

is it ok if i send my two girls 5,4 year old out of state before i leave because i have to drive out there with a uhal truck with my stuff and then i have my other kids and my boyfriend and they will be staying with his sister and her kids just until i get out there were in las vegas and were going to move to atlanta what should i do my boyfriend was thinking it would be the best solution

ricanmami09

Asked by ricanmami09 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it so you can drive for longer stretches without stopping? or is if for making room? Are they the oldest or youngest? What time of year are you moving? if it is in the summer I would say ROAD TRIP and have as much fun as possible. There is a huge amount of stuff to see along the way. It really depends on your comfort level of driving long distances with young kids. I take my 3 from Denver to LA every summer. We stop a lot and see things or hike. But I stay at home, so I can afford the time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I really don't think a road trip with a u-haul is a good idea. Call me paranoid, but I don't like lingering around with all of my possessions sitting around in parking lots. I know you can put locks on them, but it's not that hard to pick or just cut a padlock.

I think sending the little ones ahead is a good idea.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• well yes and no what i mean is i will have 3 of my kids with me and the ones that i want to send are 5 and 4 year old girls and my boyfriend will be with me i dont know how all of us will fit so he wants me to send 2 of them out there to atlanta and then will go after im trying to leave in april and we will be in the moving truck i dont know what to do how is denver we thought about moving out there and i wanted to but my boyfriend chose to go to atlanta he says its for the best
    ricanmami09

Answer by ricanmami09 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• that is very true i do understand that one but let me ask you is it ok i wont be a bad parent well my boyfriend will be with me
    ricanmami09

Answer by ricanmami09 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You may actually have to. Uhuals have a lap-only belt and you can't use a booster seat with that. You always have to use a shoulder belt so you could really only take one child in there with you. That is of course assuming your children are using booster seats. I know different states have different laws.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I meant they have a lap only belt in the center seat.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• well if i send my two youngest i will only have my 2 oldest and my almost a year old babyboy and then theirs my boyfriend hes coming and we will be in the uhal and then will be pulling his car at the same time so im kind of stuck i just dont want anybody thinking that im wrong for that
    ricanmami09

Answer by ricanmami09 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Honestly, I don't think a U-Haul can safely fit that many people. You might be better off also driving the car instead of pulling it. Which sucks since you won't be able to switch drivers unless you have some family that could help out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Well no there's no other family coming and my boyfriend doesn't want to drive his car so I'm stuck I mean to me he's making all the choices
    ricanmami09

Answer by ricanmami09 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2009