If you catch your husband in little lies should you assume he's lying about everything?

me-time

Asked by me-time at 6:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• From all the questions you've been posting, it sounds like you definitely have some trust issues going on with your husband... Maybe you should just sit him down and talk to him about it. Ask him straight up. Because all these questions you've been posting on their own might not mean anything, but taken all together could be an indication that something is going on...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• not every thing but i would never trust himm,,,if he said something later on i have to see that by my self to belive,,,
    Anonymous

• Oh, come on.. We all tell little lies to everyone every now and then!!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 6:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Honestly for me it depends on WHAT he is lying about. If it is something small and stupid that really doesn't matter, like telling me that I look good in a dress where I know I really don't, (:-D) I don't mind.
    Anonymous

• That is a tough one and it varies for everyone. I never thought my ex-husband was lying about anything, turned out in the end he lied about everything - from his first wife and kids, the army, the IRS, his drug use, his faithfulness, his work, everything was one big fat lie. My current husband will tell little lies, like embellishing a story when he is talking to other people. I don't care, he isn't lying to me and the few times he did I called him on it immediately. Told him sorry, I might be pretty but I'm not stupid, LOL! And no, just because he has told a few lies does not mean he is lying about everything. But like I said, you really can't tell because I didn't think my ex was lying about anything.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I've never been married beforeI .was a sinlge parent until I was 30. Most marriages that I've been around were broken with many issues. I'm just asking things on my mind. Maybe it is me. Maybe its not. I just wanted to hear from other women that are older, or have had more experience than me. Thanks for all your input.
    me-time

Answer by me-time at 6:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't think it's a good sign.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes. If someone lies about something small, which I don't understand the point of anyway, they will do it about something big. I don't agree with the statement that everyone lies now and then. I don't, no one I know does, except my husband so I know where the OP is coming from. I feel for you. It's ridiculous. And TBH, I'm literally about to pack my bags and walk. I'm fed up. That is what lying does to a marriage. No amount of talking, begging even threatening has worked. I'm done.
    Anonymous

• All women have the gift of instincts. Go with your 1st instinct, meditate and with a open mind, talk to your husband.
    Travel4Ever

Answer by Travel4Ever at 7:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My dh lies about the time he spends on his homework vs. computer games--- it happens frequently (OK, I don't know how much it counts as a lie vs. him realy having no concept of how his time was spent) but that doesn't make me assume he's lying about everything else too. I have a hard time with anything about his computer vs. homework time, but the rest of our life is unscathed.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2009