Why do you think theres so many single mothers.

Everywhere I go I bump into a mother who is taking care of her children by herself. Some woman have kids by the same dead beat. I think if he wasnt there the first time why try to have another baby again. Some men are dead, some incarcerated, some just out in the world being rolling stones. Some of the woman I've has conversations with mention that their ex's were'nt dead beats witht their other children. I definately see more single mothers raiding kids in a single family home. Its more common now adays. Even myself Im a single mother BUT my daughters father does help me take care of her.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some men are dead, some incarcerated, some just out in the world being rolling stones. Some of the woman I've has conversations with mention that their ex's were'nt dead beats witht their other children.

You answered your own question
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• to many women can't keep their legs closed
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• im a single mom..my ex left me when i got pregnant, and had nothing to do with his daughter until she was 2.5yrs old. and thats only because i went after him for child support, and he figured if hes paying then he might as well see her. he has been in her life for almost 3 years now, and hes still a dick!! he doesnt abide by the court order, but im not complaining, because he sees her less..and the less the better (in my opinion) daughter could care less, she doesnt enjoy going to see him, she complains when she has to..so yaa, i regret going after him, i wish i woulda just let it be me and her..life would be sooo much easier..the measily 170/month i get from him, isnt worth all this hassle. but what can ya do!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• For many reasons. The reason I CHOSE to be a single parent, is because my son's father turned into a loser, idiot who thought he didn't need to be responsible for his child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Because men are losers.
    Anonymous

• i do think there are to many single moms out there, but i also think its because of womans stupidity...1 kid, fine..but when ya have 3-4 kids, all by different guys...well...then ya need to learn to keep your legs closed!! and i do think alot of woman think that by having a child it will keep the guy around..and thats just wrong..i havent been with anyone, sexually, since i was pregnant..and yes that was 6 years ago!!! its been a looooooong time, but..im not willing to take that risk again..yes i love my daughter with all my heart, and i wouldnt change anything..but at the same time, im not willing to have another child go thru the hell that me and my daughter have been thru dealing with stupid guys! LOL...i also think woman think that if they marry the guy then they will always be together, cause i dont think ppl go into marriage thinking they will get divorced
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I think it's because a lot of these these women aren't married.
    Anonymous

• I also think it's because people don't secure their relationship with marriage vows before having kids. I'm not saying marriage fixes everything and even assholes get married, but it's a sign of commitment to the woman and any possible children. If they aren't ready to commit to each other, they aren't ready for children. This is the general rule, in my opinion. There are, of course, exceptions.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Women don't take marriage and commitment as seriously as they used to. One little thing isn't perfect and she screams "divorce", that and women aren't being picky enough BEFORE getting married.
    Anonymous

• Why is all the blame placed on the woman? She didn't have sex alone...she didn't conceive alone.

I am a single mom because I am not married to the father of my daughter My daughter and I don't live with him either. I'm not going to marry him just because we have a child. THAT'S irresponsible. Marriage should be about love and commitment, not something you do just because a man got a woman pregnant.

I don't need to be married in order to raise an emotionally stable child. My baby's father and I are the best of friends, and our main focus in life is to ensure that our daughter's needs are met. She sees him several times per week. When she doesn't see him, he talks to her on the phone.

I don't see single parenthood as a negative thing. I think it's just a sign of the times.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009