how old was your baby or toddler when you went from baby tub to real tub?

my daughter is 9months but she never bathed in the real tub before even in the baby tub we always did it in the sink. just wanted to find out when is a good transitional age. thanks

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 7:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would say 3 months old. He was in a bath seat when he was about 4 months old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son was 5 months. To make the transition easier fo your daughter you could start bathing her in the baby tub inside the big tub and let her play in there dry so she learns not to be scared.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Oh aroun 6 mths I think they were
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• We never used a baby tub. We just laid a towel down and put him on it... Once he could sit up, we just sat him on it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i never used the baby tub we have, she took baths with me until she could sit up, now she goes right in the tub. i just stay with her.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 9:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i think he was 5 or 6 months old
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 9:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Around the time they could sit up mostly on their own (with little help) so around 5-6 months. We didn't even have a baby tub with our youngest. I either sponge bathed her on the living room floor (with a towel on the ground) or would put her in the big tub with just an inch of water. Usually it was in the living room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My older daughter I waited until she outgrew the baby tub and she was somewhere around 1. My younger daughter has never used the baby tub because once she was old enough for more that a wash with a washcloth bath I put her in the tub with her sister and did them both together. But even now I only put a few inches of water in. Not a full bath.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We never used a baby tub; we put a fluffy towel on the bottom of the tub.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I didn't like the baby tub, just used it for a few weeks. Once they can sit up the bath tub is not a problem at all. You shouldn't have any trouble switching at 9 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2009