Working during TWIN pregnancy... any suggestions?

Okay... right now I work full-time as a nursing assistant at a group home for MR/DD patients. I am about 3 1/2 months pregnant with twins and I am worried about what I am going to do when the doc says I have to stop working. With my job, I do a fair amount of lifting and I'm on my feet a lot so I know I won't be able to work all the way up until the end of this pregnancy. I've thought about looking for another job that doesn't require so much strenuous activity so that I can work longer... but I can't really think of any jobs in that category. So far I've thought about applying at a hotel (front desk) ... but that's about it. Any ideas?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really need to have a plan for being on restricted activity around 24 weeks. That's not to say that you will absolutely be on it then, but it's wise to have a plan. I have an office job, where I could telecommute if It came down to it. At 24 weeks, the doc restricted my activity and it was harder to walk around anyway (I was in a 3rd floor walkup and walked three blocks to work). I had to press the issue, but was able to get 100% working from home up until I went into delivery six weeks early.

Maybe some kind of call center work, or other office-type job?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2009