When should I tell my job I am pregnant?

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I am in the process of getting hired on at a school for a part time job working with the teachers. I am due in June, and hope to continue the job next school year. When should I share the news? How should I say it?

dragonmommyj

Asked by dragonmommyj at 7:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't have the job yet, right? At the moment, I wouldn't worry about it till you LAND the job. But I'd own up VERY quickly at that point because you're not too far from it being visible. You're not due till June, so there probably won't be any impact on the school at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When you can't hide it any longer. Have a written plan on transitioning your responsibilities before you start your maternity leave; how accessible you plan to be while off of work (I was doing work at home two weeks after my daughter was born); and when you plan to return.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2009