• In the Spotlight:

formula question

i am leaving for a week when i give birth to my second child so i need to know how much formula i need to buy if i get the prosobe concentrate that is 13 oz how much water do u mix in the bottle and how many days would one can feed if feed every 2 houes 4 oz i just cant seem to do the math thanks for helping

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry, I'm confused... you're leaving your newborn for a week, or? If baby isn't born yet, how do you know what kind of formula they will need and how much they will eat?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• umm what? am so confused . am with leanne c. your leaving your newborn baby why? this question makes no sense
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• ME AND THE BABY ARE LEAVING FOR A WEEK
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Assuming that your baby will eat 4 oz every 2 hours around the clock for 7 days, then he will need 336 oz of formula for the week. As far as how much the 13 oz of concentrate makes, I am not 100% positive on this but I think you add 13 oz of water to the concentrate to make 26 oz. You can call Enfamil's hotline to make sure though. It is 1-800-BABY123. They are available M-F from 7 am-7 pm CST. If I am right about the 13 oz of water then you will need approx. 13 cans. If I am incorrect on the amount of water then all you have to do is divide 336 by the amount one can makes.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• The very most a baby should take in is 40oz/day... which works out to 280oz/week. A newborn should take a lot less than that, though. So... at the very most, you'd need 11 containers.

Why not just nurse her, though? It would be so much easier... no worrying about how much to take, dragging it around, finding water and a place to wash bottles... etc... Blech, that sounds like a nightmare!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• for those of u confused the reason teh baby is goning on soy is because my 1 year old stoped breathing on regular formula and went to the nicu for a week we dont want this to happen to the new baby so she is going straight on soy
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i am going to nurse but with my one year old i has to suplament so im just getting prepared in case so i dont have to buy all at once
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009