Should taxpayer dollars go to an organization like Planned Parenthood?

What do you think of this quote?

In 1939 Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood - and the woman who, in her book "Pivot of Civilization" said that "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated" ... a statement, by the way, which no one at Planned Parenthood has ever retracted or apologized for - wrote a letter to Clarence J. Gamble and outlined her plan to eliminate the Black community. In that letter she wrote:

"The most successful, educational appeal to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their rebellious members."

If the health care bill passes with an abortion mandate, taxpayers will be forced to fund groups like Planned Parenthood. Is this right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well first off Planned Parenthood already get federal funds. I have been working on this to get their funding 86ed. http://www.lifenews.com/nat5274b.html

Any who people act like this woman was some great women's rights advocate when in reality she was a bigot and a racist! She developed her whole PP to assist in the genocide of Black children. What is sad is it worked!

Sanger published such articles as "Some Moral Aspects of Eugenics" (June 1920), "The Eugenic Conscience" (February 1921), "The purpose of Eugenics" (December 1924), "Birth Control and Positive Eugenics" (July 1925), "Birth Control: The True Eugenics" (August 1928), and many others.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Margaret Sanger was a disgusting woman ugh..

Personally,Id rather not my tax dollars go to PP..esp after seeing how they operate employees breaking the law by not reporting things such as an underaged child having sex and getting impregnated by an old pervert,,,
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Well I certainly don't agree with their racists statements; however, that has nothing to do with whether or not I want my tax dollars going toward their cause. I think planned parenthood is a good resource for getting on BC and things like that, but I don't agree with abortion and don't like the idea of paying for it. So no I don't think its fair to make the taxpayers pay for it. Just my opinion.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure how the ? turned into a race thing but by the same token taxpayers should not fund abortion we should not fund INVITRO we should neither take or make life that is God's job... and right now my tax payor $$ IS funding artificial means of baby making... my example OCTO mom :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Helping people pay for birth control is okay with me, but i don't want to fund abortion.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• They don't help people plan for pregnancy. They put a pretty marketing spin to hide the truth.... Calling themselves Planned Population Control~ wouldn't bring people in the door...  They are marketing and receiving tax dollars to perform population control and 'some' peopl are ok with it... Disgusting... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It is available to smart women who need birth control and reproductive information, They are helping prevent pregnancies. To me, that is wonderful!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Didn't Margaret Sanger spend a great deal of her fortune on the development of the birth control pill, which was highly illegal at the time? if so, we should all be thankful! Before the pill, women didn't have much of a choice over whether they became pregnant or not. Employers were leary about hiring women because they didn't feel they could count on them because they would become pregnant. A big part of the women's movement was a direct result of the birth control pill.
    Take a womens studies course and you will learn all about it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Good lord people, if we would all live in the real world and realize that if we provide the help, pay for it, that there will be less UNWANTED children! There are thousands of children in the foster system and it's growing daily, children are being abused, aging out, and going on welfare themselves having babies in their teens... It's a viscous cycle, and we need to be there for our youth and it might as well be something like PP!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If I really had a say in where my tax dollars went, Planned Parenthood would DEFINITLY NOT get them. They may provide some health care to women who cannot afford it but they also encourage teens to go to them for information, etc RATHER then their parents. I don't feel they have any right to give birth control pills or any other medical advice or to perform medical procedures involving under-age kids without parental consent. They not only do that, they encourage the kids to go to them. In that sense, they also encourage under-age kids to engage in sexual activity and if the kids turn up pregnant....it's don't worry, we'll take care of it and your parents need never know. As far as the child/parent relationship....they do a lot of damage.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009