If you broke up with your mate how long would it take you to introduce your child to your new mate???

Or would you just date that person and they never meet your kid(s)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i went through this more times than i would have liked, and i think i introduced way too early. i would recommend waiting at lease 6 months and having serious conversations about the future, remember that your child will form an attachment with this person and will be just as upset, if not more, as you if it does not work out. my kids are now 12,10,and 7 months and i have been with my SO for eight years if we were to split i would not bring another man into their lives until they were grown.

trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 9:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I did the same thing as Trying2servive did. Brang BF's around way to early. Wait tell you think the relationship is heading in the right direction, before bringing the BF around the kids.

Answer by louise2 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i divorced when my dd was 15 months old, i have been single since. she is 8.4 now. i have done the same mistakes. when she was little she had no problems, but the relationship never lasted more than a couple of months, the last one i was with a year and yes she was attached to him, but she was 7 and had a better concept and an unfortanate need to bond with a father figure. i have never let a man live with us. i am dating someone new a year and half later and i plan on waiting at least 6 months to introduce them then.
    mommyofone802

Answer by mommyofone802 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Took me over 2 years after my divorce to get out there. Trust is still my major issue.

You darn sure do not want an unstable relationship around your kids again after getting out of one! Wait a bit and then involve your child........take the kids to the park and out to lunch together as a couple. If he has kids let them mingle together on that day too.

Anonymous

• Well, I found that getting a divorce was so traumatic to me that I didn't even think about dating anyone for years ...so I didn't have to worry about a timetable, or worry about when to tell my kids I was dating . I mean, you just don't jump into another relaionship that quickly. I left my husband because he was driving me crazy and I needed years to get over it. Kids will have a tough time viewing another guy as a replacement for their Dad.
    Anonymous

• Well, to be honest I wasnt much of a dater before I met my husband.

I fully expect to go back to pretty much no dating if we were to split up. So I would have to say they'd never meet a new fella in my life cuz its unlikely to happen.

However, should the wierd happen and I do date a bit then they wouldnt meet the man until we had been dating for a little while and I knew he wasnt just a one or two date guy(Im notorious for only having one date and never hearing from them again).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My kids have never met SO and we've been together 3 1/2 yrs.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Never. I honestly don't want anyone else. If this don't work out, nothing will. I love my husband, and the only way we wouldn't be married is if he cheated in some way.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would wait until I knew it was going somewhere...i would like the option of planning dates with the kids....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• A long long time. Honestly, I really don't plan on ever getting married. Like ever...
    Soo.....
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2009