Who to take advise from?? the other woman or me!

I am kind of in the midde of this...my son and his wife are having problems and my dil calls me to talk about it and she tells me that she has been speaking with my X's wife as well. Now this woman is the reason for my divorce and she certainly has not lead a moral life in any sense of the word. I tell my dil what I think is good advise not knowing what is coming from the other side. Would you take marital advise from someone who is responsible for the brake up of a family and has been the other woman more than once??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly she's probably just reaching out to anyone that she can, especially those that are on her husbands "side." She's probably heard multiple versions of your families history and I'm sure they are very different. She's lucky either of you are even speaking with her. My ex's parents basically blamed me and the only advice I got was to stick by him(while he cheated, lied, abused drugs, spent all our money, and basically had nothing to do with DD or I) and time/prayer would help us find our way. Neither of them would talk to him about what was going on and before I knew it he was taking her to meet his family, WHILE we were still living together and "supposedly" working things out.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It depends on what kind of problem they are discussing. The OW sometimes learns from the error of their ways and know what to look for from past experiences so possibly can tell DIL how to not let an OW slide in there.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i agree with camiam... i mean, when i need advice or insight on something- i ask ALL people, no matter what their background. i mean, i asked my SO what kind of birth control i should get on... i'm asking a man who thought birth control was 10000000% effective against getting pregnant. lol but i still asked for his opinion. i've asked single people- with no kids- their advice on custody. i ask my best friend, who's never been in a relationship, about relationship advice.. i mean, i ask a lot more people, but i think that if i get a lot of people's views, i can see it as a bigger/whole picture and i can chose the best option, maybe even mix a few of the options together. if that makes sense.

i wouldnt judge anyone based on their past. i mean, yea- she might be the homewrecker from before, but that doesnt mean that she still is- right?
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i think that any advise she can get maybe helpful. I think that weather you like it or not your ex's new wife is a part of the family now, your dil has no reason to not talk to this woman. It sounds to me like you are a little jealous to know you dil goes to this woman for advice
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009