so i miscarried after all a couple of questions in one about afterwards... please don't judge me

please help got three positives in one day and i took an overall amount of ten tests all positive but the positive slowly day by day got lighter. i figured it would happen. i started bleeding last night and had a doctors visit this morning .the doctor confirmed that i indeed miscarried and that it was so early that we would let my body dipose of the aftermath. so the doctor told me that i could try as early as two weeks from now she literally said try the 22nd of december. what could i take to boost my chances and try to prevent another miscarriage? i had one before in may 2005 and the next year jan 2006 i was pregnant. i didn't think that i would want this so bad but it was right there and slipped away. i have a three year ols daughter and all day she has been telling people my baby sister... i didn't even tell her i was pregnant my husband asked her before i found out that i was pregnant if she wanted a brother or sister .

chedda

Asked by chedda at 9:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i cant believe your doc told you that you could try again so soon. When i miscarried at 7 wks they told me to let it pass also (i didnt have to have surgery or anything) but my doctor made it very clear to me that i should wait atleast 6 months before trying again
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My sister had a misscarriage at about 6 weeks. Dr said to wait one full cycle and free to try again. EVERY dr seems to say diiferant things. I would try it if dr said it was ok. I am not sure what else you could do, as I am trying everything not to get pregnant.
    mom2alex17

Answer by mom2alex17 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have miscarried twice and both times my doctor told me to wait one cycle before trying again and if that is what your doctor approves and you are ready, go for it! As far as staying pregnant, I felt both times that my hormones were off...something just did not feel right. When I got pregnant after the second loss, I insisted they check my hcg and progesterone levels and within one week, my progesterone dropped. If I had not asked, I would have lost this one, too. My doc immediately started me on prometrium and I have had no problems. I guess my suggestion is do some research and be proactive. Hopefully you will have the same results I did! Good luck and I'm sorry for your losses.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You could ask your Dr. about vaginal progesterone suppositories. My doctor put me on them for 12 weeks after miscarrying my second pregnancy, first was delivered 4 months early, second ended in miscarriage and I am now pregnant for the 3rd time and I have already been to the ER with this one because I was bleeding and passing tissue. They are supposed to raise your hormone levels and help you past the high risk part of pregnancy, the first trimester. Good luck! Also my Dr. Advised me to wait 6 months after miscarrying to have another. I dunno though. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2009